If you have a conviction, whether it’s for a motoring offence or other type of crime, then you might worry that getting insurance for your home and your vehicle will be more challenging. It’s certainly true that insurance providers consider people with convictions to be higher risk and that some won’t even consider insuring you if you have a criminal conviction.
That being said – there are ways around this problem and finding both home and car insurance at a reasonable price needn’t be an impossible task.
If you have a vehicle then car insurance is a must in order for it to be road legal. By far the best way to get car insurance when you have a conviction is to go to a specialist provider. There are many providers of car insurance for people with convictions who will take the unique circumstances of your conviction into account (including insurance for and IN10 conviction) when calculating the cost of your policy.
Another thing that can be challenging to get from a mainstream provider when you have a conviction is home insurance. Luckily there are also many providers of home insurance for people with convictions so this isn’t an issue.
Why get cover online?
There are some compelling reasons to get insurance online when you have a criminal conviction. These include –
- Getting quotes easy – One of the main reasons that getting insurance online is a good idea is that it makes getting quotes incredibly easy. There are plenty of insurance comparison sites out there where all you need to do to get quotes from different providers is fill out one form.
- Tailor your policy to your exact needs – When getting cover online, you can clearly see what cover options are on the policy as well as other details. This makes it very simple to see what you want to add or take off the policy so it suits your individual needs.
Ways to save money
- Get quotes from a lot of providers – This is one of the best ways to ensure that you get the best deal on both car and home insurance.
- Pay for the policy annually – If you can afford to pay upfront then be sure to negotiate the best deal possible for the policy.
- Make security a priority – Making your home and car secure will certainly help to reduce the cost of your insurance.