Whether you are an owner driver or have your own trucking firm, you must make sure that you’re protected by getting a good truck insurance policy.
To help you make the right decisions, below are the different types of truck insurance available as well as some great ways to keep costs down.
Types of truck insurance
- Road risks – Road risks insurance is a necessity for all vehicles in the UK in order for them to be road legal. When getting road risks cover for your truck(s) you can choose from a third party only policy; third party, fire and theft; or fully comprehensive.
- Fleet insurance – If you have a number of trucks that you need to insure together then you can do this by getting a fleet insurance policy. Fleet insurance often ends up being cheaper than getting individual policies too so it’s a good way to save money.
- Liability claims – Liability claims are something that all business owners must be prepared for. You can get a good amount of liability cover included in a truck insurance policy to ensure your business is fully protected.
- Legal expenses – Fighting liability claims in court can get very expensive so having legal expenses included in your policy is certainly not a bad idea.
Ways to save money on truck insurance
- Get a lot of quotes – Getting a lot of quotes will help you to save money on truck insurance since it will prevent you from overspending on a policy you could have gotten cheaper from another provider. Sites such as Clean Green Compare make it very easy to get truck insurance quotes from different providers.
- Hire good drivers – When you’re hiring drivers, you always need to think about how they’ll affect the cost of your insurance. Reliable drivers that have plenty of truck driving experience and don’t have any convictions will be the cheapest to insure.
- Secure your premises – Making your premises secure will also help to lower the cost of your insurance since you’re less likely to have your vehicles damaged or stolen.